HOLY TRINITY BURYING GROUND
Plaque, west side of Yonge Street at Royal Orchard Boulevard, Thornhill
Holy Trinity Church was built on this site in 1830 and has since been moved to Brooke Street. The plaque legend speaks eloquently of early life in Thornhill:
. . . headstones record the drama of immigration and rugged settlement, War in 1812, Rebellion in 1837, fire, flood, epidemic, and of greater wars. The reality of daily life is dominant. These men, women and children lived by the seasons, working with their hands and minds to create our community.